About the designer

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I'm a self taught jewelry designer who decided to make this more than just a hobby! I've been making jewelry the last 6 years mostly for friends and people in the west coast swing dance community, where I teach and compete. While I have a day job, it's mostly to pay for my jewelry and dance habits! I primarily work with sterling silver, freshwater pearls, semiprecious stones and swarovski crystals. But I'll use anything that catches my eye and I love to try new techniques!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Novice Invitational success!

After a less than stellar ending to last year, it felt good to have a successful booth at Novice Invitational this year.  It's always a pretty good event for me - I think that by March, people have paid off their holiday bills and are looking forward to buying something new for the spring.  In addition to what sold over the weekend, I also had a couple of people wanting custom orders or wondering if a specific set was still available. 

My booth!  Sorry for the bad lighting!  I did a smaller set up than normal since my usual partner was not there.  Kept it very manageable for me.




My favorite pair of earrings that I made for the weekend - was snatched up on the last day!  Swarovski twisted cylinders, with swarovski accent beads, sterling silver chain and earring posts.
This one got a lot of interest and I am So very tempted to keep it for myself - or at least convince myself I need to make another one.  Dusty purple crystals and freshwater pearls with silver bead caps on sterling silver chain.
My favorite set of the weekend - I tried something different with the colors.  I usually tend to stick to a more monochromatic color scheme but blues and greens are supposed to be on trend for the spring and summer.  My favorite kind of necklace to make because I can use pretty much any kind of beads that suit my fancy: pearls, crystals, semi precious stones, acrylic, silver, etc etc.  This was snatched up pretty early in the weekend!

I'm hoping to get more pictures taken and loaded later this week.  Until then!

2 comments: